Monday, July 11, 2011

Classic Movies That Should NOT be REMADE

paula

Rumor has it that actress Paula Patton, has been offered a role in the remake of “Sparkle”.  Honestly, why do we need to see yet another “Diana Ross & the Supremes” – inspired production remade yet again?  After the Oscar-winning performance of Jennifer Hudson in “Dreamgirls”, all other similar projects need to cease and desist.  The original was a classic and made Irene Cara and Philip Michael Thomas household names and helped bridge them out of the Black cinema genre to mainstream productions.  Remaking making it now is basically redundant and really can’t offer much, unless it will showcase a modern format.  But the question I want  you all to answer is -- do you really see Paula Patton playing “Sparkle”? 

Perhaps she is being considered for another role like “Sister” originally played by Lonette McKee, who was the brash older sibling of the title character.  …I guess!  They really need to leave well enough alone… I love Paula, but as beautiful as she is, she is too old to be playing teenagers! I’m just saying! *side eye*

beyonce2

Another movie that has been in the works for the last couple of years is Clint Eastwood’s remake of “A Star is Born” starring Beyoncé.  Again, I love her, but this movie will just end up being ghetto with her in it.  I mean really Bey-to-the-yonce as the infamous Esther?  I’m sorry, but she doesn’t have the class to follow Judy Garland and Barbara Streisand!  I mean really people!  Even Kanye wouldn’t protest me saying that!  That’s the worst idea since making “Howard the Duck” into a movie! Now that’s a blast from the past!  Shame on you Lea Thompson! And I am not even going to say anything about that hair, it was the 80’s after all!  And I have Hammer pants with suspenders pictures to prove it, so I can’t talk too badly about cha!

howard_the_duck_xl_03-film-a

[PICTURE SOURCE: http://hollywooddame.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/paula-patton-as-billie-holiday-glamour-9.jpg]

[PICTURE SOURCE: http://blog.nj.com/entertainment_impact_music/2009/06/large_beyonce-tour-madison-square-garden-review.jpg]

[PICTURE SOURCE: http://blahcreations.com/everythingblah/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/howard_the_duck_xl_03-film-a.jpg]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More