Thursday, December 20, 2012

Keep Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See!


...to quote the infamous Busta Rhymes, "Keep your hands where my eyes can see"! ..like literally!  Right now I in the process of learning American Sign Language (ASL) and never would have thought that I would appreciate that statement like I do now.

Learning a new language can be difficult, challenging and yet still very exciting!  Especially the motivation for learning it.  My reasons, I have deaf friends that I would like to more efficiently communicate with and deeper than that is I have found myself to expand my Bible teaching ministry to individuals who often get pushed aside as unimportant not intelligent.

If you've ever had the pleasure to really sit down and communicate with a deaf person, you will see they are very perceptive, they have these amazing ideas and views on life that for lack of a better work often falls on deaf ears.  Most people do not give people who are deaf, blind or have some type of physically handicap the opportunity to express themselves, and when they do, they miss out on opportunities to "see" and "hear" from those whose opinions not only matter but come from angles they themselves may never have been enlightened to think in such a way.

Come join me on my journey through ASL on my YouTube channel: MistahJai (http://www.youtube.com/user/MistahJai), where I host a variety of interesting videos including ASL videos...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More