Friday, December 25, 2009

James Cameron's "Avatar"

It's the movie everyone is talking about - James Cameron's "Avatar"! At first I was a little intimidated to see this movie because just based on the previews the imagery and realism was overwhelming. To be honest with you, I don't like movies about aliens and creatures, but there was something about this movie that made me want to see it nonetheless, and I'm glad I did. It features the voice of one of my favorite actresses, C.C.H. Pounder, she plays the high priestess of her alien civiliation and she really plays up the power in her voice using their distinct native tongue. Also impressive was the performance of Sam Worthington, who most of will know as the good Terminator cyborg in the last Terminator movie. I encourage you all to see this movie and if at all possible, please do so in 3D and where available IMAX 3D. It gives you a whole new level of viewing pleasure, and it is well worth the 3 hour viewing experience!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More