Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Monster's Ball (Games of Love) [original poetry.]

I remember a time when just hearing the sound of your voice made me feel safe, loved, wanted and needed...

...but the last time that we spoke, when your voice responded from the reciever all I felt was disgusted, hurt, used and broken...

Some would describe you as a monster because you purposely misused my trust, but I was the one who allowed you to tear through my brick wall in the first place,

Sadly I knew you were no good for me, but I still wanted you,
Sadly I knew you would hurt me, but still I needed you,
Sadly I knew we would never last, but still, yes I had to have you,

...so through it all, the real monster, was... me...

I savagely attacked myself by inflicting your aura of instability upon me, and now... I'm left shattered, broken, disturbed, absent - lonely...

...the fact remains, however, for what its worth, I honestly love you, because, in the end, you were the one who freed me from my inner shell, but yet I had to let you go...

...some may say you're a monster, but you'll always be my first, my last, my everything...

...so now I make a promise to myself - "never play with a monster again..."
...never let my insecurity to love influence my stupidity to accept affection for face value...

I deserve so much more than this, but I have to be keep myself worthy for when real love finds me... so maybe I need to start with myself...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More